Sunday, July 11, 2010

What was that...?

I'm not sure what is happening. I seem to be experiencing blackouts. Entire afternoons, evenings, days just....gone. It just happened again and was embarrassing. I have no recollection of getting to a friend's house yesterday. None. And I can't remember much of what happened while I was there.

Maybe it's PTSD? Maybe I really do have that traumatic brain injury the docs were worried about. If the bomb was big enough to flip an armored vehicle, kill the soldier next to me and break most of my bones I guess it's only fitting that it also turned my brain to mush.

3 comments:

Oldfool said...

You brain is not turned to mush. It's healing itself. If the brain did not have this ability we would all be insane. In your case as in many others it has a lot to get over. Many never make it but you will.
If it's any consolation I have days like that and attribute it to age. They remind me of when I was younger and partied a lot. Then I blamed the drink but now it's aging.
Just keep on keeping on. You have an exceptional mind and it will heal.

Marilyn LeBlanc said...

Good to hear you on the air today.
It appears your new mission is to expose what's going on at WR as well as the horrors of PTSD. It will help with your own recovery. The soldiers have a great advocate on their side.
Love and Miss You,
Marilyn

Marianne said...

Hey, Moonpie. The second post would indicate that your brain is functioning well enough. Forgive my ignorance, but are you on the air nationally (so I can listen in) or just in the DC area?