Friday, August 6, 2010

Scaredy Cats

In my latest nocturnal wanderings (they've changed my meds again), I've discovered that while many guys don't go to sleep until 6 a.m. others take to their beds with their room lights on and their doors ajar.

I personally like to lock out the world when I'm in my room. But I think a lot of the soldiers and Marines here feel safer with their doors open. Its kind of like when you're a kid and ask Mom to leave the door cracked just in case the monster under the bed (or in the closet) is planning to attack you.

2 comments:

fifi mahoney said...

When you were in the hospital you liked the door open at night so you could hear the noises in the hall and at the nurses' station....it was comforting somehow. Maybe they are comforted by other's noises and lives. Maybe it's a stage in getting better....

Moonpie said...

This is true. There isn't much noise going on at 3 a.m. but it's probably the same sort of thing. They just feel better knowing people are close