Monday, August 9, 2010

Man, can we sweat...

Our legs/stumps/itty bittys get so hot under liners and carbon fiber sockets they DRIP when you let them out for air. Some of the guys are trying Botox. I tried laser hair removal. We're not allowed to shave or wax, so aside from the sweat issue I was having real body image problems.

It would have gone off without hitch had it not been for my own clumsiness. You have to shave before they do the laser so they handed me a little specimen jar with water and a safety razor. While I worked on one side of my stump, a sweet male resident carefully shaved the other. He did beautifully. I, on the other hand, cut a hole on the top of my leg and then managed to open an incision. With a safety razor! As blood covered every surface of the room they went ahead with the laser anyway. Thankfully.

Hopefully it works.

1 comment:

Oldfool said...

I just wonder why paint can't be made like milk or blood. It takes gallons of paint to cover the same area that a half glass of milk or a few drops of blood cover.