Friday, April 9, 2010

Real progress

There's a story out today about how IEDs have doubled in Afghanistan (a General told me this weeks ago) and the number of casualties has also increased two-fold (something no one talks about). And yet:

"I actually see the situation getting better for us every month over there," said Gen. Michael Oates, who leads the Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization.



Ha! Is he delusional? And who actually believes this hype? It would be better for all of us if our leaders were honest with us. Then we can collectively come up with solutions to save our soldiers and Marines. We can handle the truth. Honestly.

3 comments:

Oldfool said...

In my short life (71) years I have heard the truth a couple of times but those who spoke it were quickly buried.
Don't expect it anytime soon.

Moonpie said...

You made me laugh out loud

Marilyn LeBlanc said...

We can...but they can't..
M