Wednesday, March 7, 2007

"The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand."














(AP Photo/Denis Farrell)
Above is a quote from Frederic Lawrence Knowles. I don't know why I'm so fascinated with the moon these days. Maybe it's because I'm always wishing I was somewhere else. In school I would stare at maps on the wall. I would get in trouble for not paying attention to the teachers but I was more interested in what was going on everywhere else in the world. Hence, my poor grades....

Now I just stare at the moon.

The first posting on this site came from a conversation I had with Soldier. I was in New York, he was in Baghdad...

I asked him what happened to the moon the night before, it seemed to be missing part of its face. And he said it wasn't missing. The moon was just looking the other way.

No comments: